GENERAL VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS
• The Volunteer shall exhibit qualities of dependability, efficiency, honesty, friendliness, good social skills, initiative, and be mindful of Girl Scouts of Hawai`i’s standing of good character in our community.
• Regardless of training or expertise in the fields of education, medicine or any form of counseling, Volunteer will not offer such services or opinions to Girl Scouts of Hawai`i members, customers, alumnae, parents, directors, employees, staff and volunteers, unless her/his Girl Scouts of Hawai`i volunteer appointment includes specific provision for such services.
• The Volunteer shall notify her/his direct supervisor of any absence or revision to her/his schedule.
• Volunteer shall not use Girl Scouts of Hawai`i telephones (emergency calls permitted) or other Council resources, unless directed by Girl Scouts of Hawai`i.
• At no time is smoking, alcohol consumption or drug use permitted at, on, or within proximity of any Girl Scout of Hawai`i meeting, event, campsite, office, or retail space.
• Volunteers are encouraged to dress in a comfortable, business manner. Please check with your supervisor regarding acceptable attire for your scope of work.
• Volunteer will not be reimbursed by Girl Scouts of Hawai`i for parking fees, meals, and other miscellaneous expenses that may be incurred by the Volunteer during their scope of work, unless specified and authorized by Girl Scouts of Hawai`i staff.
• Volunteer acknowledges that she/he is not an employee of Girl Scouts of Hawai`i. The following are not afforded to Volunteer, regardless of hours worked and length of time served: Wages, employment benefits, including but not limited to, health insurance, paid vacation, and paid leave.